White Chocolate Cheesecake
1 cup shortbread cookie crumbs (store bought or recipe)
3 Tbs. finely chopped slivered almonds, toasted
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 Pkg. cream cheese (8 oz), softened
1 Pkg. (6 oz) white chocolate baking bar, (melted and cooled) Instructions on melting
2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
In a small mixing bowl, combine cookie crumbs and almonds. Stir in melted butter. Press onto bottom of
9-inch springform or cheesecake
In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and cooled white chocolate baking bar until combined.
Beat in sugar until fluffy. Add eggs, sour cream and vanilla; beat on low speed till just combined. Pour over prepared crust. Bake in a 350 degree F oven for about 45 minutes or until center appears almost set.
Cool on wire rack for 15 minutes. Loosen cake from sides of pan. Cool
30 minutes more; remove sides of pan. Cool completely. Refrigerate for
at least 4 hours.
Other serving suggestions:
1. After slicing cheesecake, top with Raspberry
sauce. Serve with whip cream.
2. Cut up fresh strawberries and arrange them on each slice of cheesecake, then glaze with Strawberry Preserve.
3. Using a milk or dark chocolate bar (Ghiradelli works well,) shave off chocolate curls, using a knife. Arrange them on top of each slice of cheesecake.
1. To cut perfect cheesecake slices, use a wet knife.
2. A white chocolate baking bar is unsweetened, pure chocolate with no sugar or flavorings added.
3. If you use the shortbread recipe, omit the glaze and the raspberry jam. Follow the directions for the rest of the recipe. After cookies have cooled, crumble enough cookies in a ziplock back to make 1 cup.
1. This will stay fresh up to 3 days in refrigerator and 1 week in freezer. Cover with plastic wrap or a cake box with a lid.
Check out this great book with over 100 Cheesecake recipes:
Print recipe, search
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart