Turkey Fajitas - lowfat
Yield: 4 Servings
8 Flour tortillas (7"diameter)
2 ts Chili powder
1/2 ts Dried oregano
12 oz Turkey breast cutlets
2 ts Vegetable oil, divided
2 Bell peppers, preferably 1 red & 1 green thinly slice
8 Lettuce leaves, dried well
1. Preheat oven to 225~F. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven while making fajita
2. Mix chili powder and oregano on waxed paper. Rub spice mixture into turkey cutlets.
3. In large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon of the oil. Add bell pepper strips and cook over
medium-high heat 4-6 minutes, stirring often, until lightly browned and tender-crisp.
Remove to a bowl, using a slotted spoon.
4. Heat remaining oil in same skillet. Add cutlets and cook over medium-high heat 4-6
minutes, turning once, until they are browned and no longer pink in center when tested
5. Cut turkey crosswise into narrow strips. Top each warm tortilla with a lettuce leaf and
arrange turkey and bell pepper strips down the middle.
Serve with salsa.
Per serving: 287 cal, 26g pro, 31g car, 7g fat, 22% cal from fat, 53mg chol, 338mg sod.
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart