Chocolate filled Cake roll - Diabetic Cake Recipes
Servings: 12 slices
1/2 cup sugar
3 packets of Sweet 'n Low
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups skim milk
1 package (1.4 ounces) sugar-free chocolate instant pudding mix
2 teaspoons sugar-free cocoa mix
1. Preheat oven to 400F.
2. Grease and line the bottom of a 10x15" jelly roll pan with waxed paper.
3. Beat eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer until fluffy.
4. Sprinkle sugar, Sweet 'n Low and vanilla over eggs; continue beating for 2
5. Sift flour, cornstarch, and baking powder together.
6. Sprinkle half the mixture over batter; fold in with spatula.
7. Repeat with remaining flour mixture.
8. Spread batter evenly in pan.
9. Bake on center rack in oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until cake is golden and
springs back when lightly touched.
10. Arrange a towel on work surface and cover with aluminum foil.
11. Loosen edges of cake; unmold on foil.
12. Roll cake jelly roll style, using towel as a guide.
13. Leave cake rolled until it cools into jelly roll shape.
14. To make filling, blend milk with pudding mix according to package
15. Refrigerate pudding until it thickens.
16. Unroll cake, spread evenly with pudding, and reroll.
17. Lightly sprinkle sugar-free cocoa over the top to decorate.
18. Cut into 1" slices and serve.
Nutritional Information Per Serving:
Calories: 122; Cholesterol: 92mg; Fat: 2 grams;
Carbohydrates: 21 grams; Sodium: 197mg
Exchanges: 1 Fruit; 1/2 Skim Milk; 1/2 Fat; 1 Starch
recipes, browse recipes, or see today's
Send mail to PastryWiz
with comments about this web site.
Recipe Disclaimer - Measurements Help
- Sugar Substitution Chart